California Theological Seminary
The California Theological Seminary was established for the purpose of preparing men and women to answer Christ's call to His ministry. The seminary recognizes that the opportunities to continue Christ's work in the world are as diverse as the men and women who answer His call. To meet the educational needs of these men and women, the seminary provides advanced work for those interested in pastoral, missionary, evangelistic, counseling, and chaplaincy ministries, as well as teaching ministries in Bible colleges at home and abroad...
...With this in mind, the specific educational objectives of the California Theological Seminary are:
1) To provide Christ-centered, biblically-oriented curricula which recognize the Bible as the inerrant and authoritative rule of faith and conduct and which are designed to enrich the learning experiences of students.
2) To provide advanced studies within the distinctive Assemblies of God Pentecostal Theology, which recognizes the importance of declaring the whole counsel of God, including proper emphasis on the person and work of the Holy Spirit as revealed in the Word of God.
3) To provide a practical professional orientation designed to assist students in acquiring the attitudes and skills which will prepare them for places of leadership and/or for teaching ministries in Bible colleges at home and abroad, with a special emphasis on biblical preaching.
4) To provide academic excellence which will encourage students to develop the skills of research and holistic thinking into a lifelong experience.
5) To provide a spiritual environment in which the student will have an opportunity to develop the entire person as a servant of God, to increase appreciation for a biblical sense of values, and to appreciate the importance of worshipping God in spirit and in truth.
6) To provide a missionary and evangelistic emphasis which will help the student to cultivate a Christ-like spirit of concern for those who do not know Christ, and a spirit of commitment to exert every effort and to use every opportunity and means to bring the lost to Christ.